Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Today I watched "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," a highly underrated comedy/action/mystery starring the underrated Robert Downey Jr. In a scene early in the movie, we have the following exchange between Downey Jr.'s character and his love interest:

Harry: I feel badly...
Harmony: Bad.
Harry: Bad? Sorry?
Harmony: You feel bad.
Harry: Bad?
Harmony: "Badly" is an adverb. So to say you feel badly would be saying that the mechanism which allows you to feel is broken.

What a brilliant discussion! Nonetheless, Harry ends up getting the girl. Is that the secret to how it's done? I didn't know correcting grammar was an aphrodisiac. All I need to do is start correcting every girl's grammar and they'll be throwing themselves at my feet! (assuming I give them a thorough scrubbing beforehand.) Especially if I looked like Robert Downey Jr.... wait, is he cute? (did you notice the period for the "junior" abbreviation followed by the ellipsis? Yes, that's right, there were four dots there.) I don't think so. I'm more of a Jude Law man, or Josh Holloway. Speaking of which, my buddy mentioned his top five female celebrities to me last week, az I think I need to come up with my own top five. I'll work on that this week. One thing that definitely won't be on my top five? Dry T-shirt contests (absolutely no H2O! See SB e-mail #133, Bottom 10). Hmm, I might have set a new record in parentheses usage; that was my third pair. Sounds like an ancient Greek hero, doesn't it? And Parentheses smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination! (See SB e-mail #62, Interview). Okay, that's just about enough of that. Monster.com here I come!