Monday, February 26, 2007

Early Week Update

It's only Monday, but it's already been a productive week. My life potentially changed twice today. This morning I received a call from a recruiter who's trying to get me a job in investment banking. He asked me how much I'm making at my current position (he thought I was still working), and when I told him, this was his response, verbatim: "Dude, you need to get outta there." Tell me about it. So he said I really should get into one of the training progrums (see SB e-mail #s 113, 120, and 167, entitled "pizzaz," "radio," and "the movies" respectively) at a big bank; it would change my life. I told him "yes" and "yeah" so many times, I think he thought I was obsessive/compulsive. And just now, in preparation for tomorrow morning's interview at the ISE, I finally took the plunge and learned how to use Pivot Tables in Microsoft Excel. Man, if any of you out there don't know how to do these, make it a top priority. Now all (=2) the spreadsheets I have on my computer can become all kinds of fancy, those being my non-existent spreadsheet containing data on all the girls I've dated, and the spreadsheet with the list of the scotches I'm gonna buy when I become rich (and maybe I'll have a seat by the eastern wall!). Ooh, I also found a pair of glasses to buy. They're really hot; I might have to really set aside some sticks before Shabbos to ward off the girls. Az, I clearly made several positive strides in improving my career situation today, and it's only Monday! Additionally I got to hang out with some top quality people, eat some top quality Hot Dog / Laffa, and watch some top quality Jack Bauer action. It's amazing how even when life is really stinky, it's still only slightly less awesome than it usually is. Also, I got jealous of my friend, so I decided it was time to have my blog visible on my facebook.com page. News of my brilliance needs to get out; it's only fair to the amei ha'aretz out there. I'll discuss this in detail shortly, but not now; I just received word that there's tons of free sushi available. In my current financial state, it would be criminal of me not to partake.