Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Now That's Just Irresponsible

At the end of last night's post, I carelessly mentioned that I was copying all of my posts onto facebook because I was jealous of my friend's readership, but clearly this merits further discussion. I mentioned that it wasn't fair of me to enlighten only my few devoted readers, so facebook provides a platform where many, many others will have access to my musings. It's all about the advertising. There's also a minute chance that someone will offer me a writing job somewhere, like espn.com. Even Bill Simmons had humble beginnings. Meanwhile, facebook.com has this feature that will allow you to update your blog here on Blogger, and facebook will automatically receive the data feed and print it on there too. It will also post up all of your existing posts. I just tried to do this, and facebook only received 25 of the posts, and the software that gets the feed from Blogger can't find the others. This is gonna be an enormous waste of time, but I guess I'll just have to manually copy and paste each entry onto facebook. Can't nobody say Strong Bad never did nothing for the peoples. Now it is my intention to sit down and play video games for several hours (See SB e-mail #64, "English Paper"). I just took a nap so I'm in no condition to be coming up with deep philosophical reasons for posting up on facebook, but I'll work on it later.

Just as a side point, I had endless trouble typing that paragraph, partially because I had no idea where I was going with it, but also because I ran into some keyboard issues last night. For whatever reason the ergonomic keyboard I bought a couple of years ago didn't come with a USB plug, and my one year old computer didn't come with a ps/2 port, az I was forced to buy one of those USB to ps/2 adapters. Anyway, sometimes the connection between the keyboard and CPU resets itself and the keys get stuck. Last night I got so frustrated with it, I just unplugged Kiki (yes, I just named my keyboard) and plugged in my standard keyboard, not realizing that once you go ergonomic you never go back. Az now I'm trying to reacquaint myself with Kiki; I'll be fine in an hour or two. Maybe I should just switch to Dvorak and be done with it.

And now, a word on friendship. Many of you saw me leave a party at around 1:30 am with little or no explanation. There are some times when you have to just drop whatever you're doing when a friend calls you and tells you to meet him/her somewhere, even when he/she doesn't tell you why. And no, I'm not writing this so people can pat me on the back and say "what a good friend you are." I'm writing this so that all of you out there that were ever in the same position realize how honored you should be to receive such a phone call. It's a fantastic feeling to know that someone considers you to be such a close friend that they would ask you to do something like that, no questions asked.

***Spoiler Warning*** (Tee-hee, I feel like one of those people who has nothing better to do than write video game walkthroughs so that other players don't have to do any work.)

This is gonna sound uber-cheesy, but on a recent episode of "Grey's Anatomy," Christina decides that she needs to tell Meredith that she and Dr. Burke are engaged before she tells anyone else. Why? Because if she ever murdered someone, Meredith would be the person she would call to help her drag the body across the floor.

***End Spoiler***

Do all of you have a friend like that?