Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weird Dreams

Last night I had a really bizarre dream. Now, the main focus of the dream is one I've had a bunch of times before, but let's start with the other stuff in there. Basically, the dream took place in my old high school. Apparently, they had turned the top few floors into strangely constructed dorms so that out-of-towners could go to school there. That was so not important. The crux of the dream was that at one point, one of my front teeth chipped off, and soon after that, one of my molars fell out. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had dreams about my teeth falling out. Sometimes they all just fall out at once, at other times they just start to shatter into a million pieces.

In the Wikipedia article on recurring dreams, "losing teeth or the ability to speak" is one of the five most common ones. Az, I just googled "Teeth dreams" and the first hit was an article on dreammoods.com. Dreams about losing teeth can mean many things:
1. Anxiety about my appearance. I know I can afford to lose a few pounds, but overall I don't think I'm upset with the way I look. Girls don't care overly much about that anyway, as I hear it told.
2. Embarrassment in a particular situation. I think there are very few people out there who care less than I do about embarrassing myself. Az I don't think that's it either.
3. A sense of powerlessness. I think this one makes the most sense. There are so many things I'm unable to do now because I don't have a job. But even so, I've had this dream at least a dozen times over the past few years, and I certainly didn't have a sense of powerlessness for all that time, az let's just see what else the website says, just for kicks.
4. A woman in menopause. Umm... no.
5. Malnutrition. Umm... probably not.

Schmutter, get a job.