Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Clothes

Wanna hear something weird? CNBC is on all day at work, and I see the same newscasters day in and day out. I'm starting to notice what they're wearing. Today, Erin is wearing a burgundy jacket. It's sorta nice, I guess, in a conservative way. Her partner, I dunno who he is, is wearing a dark suit with a red tie. He used a half-windsor knot, not a full one. I'm not sure how I feel about that. At least he's not dressed the same way as the guy they're interviewing now with the ridiculous mustache. His tie looks like a torn off corner of the American flag, except they had a 6 year old draw the stars. I think I might be going crazy. I might as well embrace the inevitable, but at least I'm getting a lot funnier as I go down. Seriously, I dunno what happened but I think I got magically funnier in the past 2 weeks. Just today I was discussing certain issues always sauteeing on the gas range of my soul. That was in response to the innocent, yet potentially entertaining question, "what's cookin'?" The response to such a question can be way more interesting than the response to "what's up?" No one should every say "what's up," they should always say "what's cookin'" or "how's it hangin'" or "what's shakin'." I guess anything with an infinitive form of the verb is fine. No prepositions allowed.