Monday, September 25, 2006

My Trainer Doesn't Get Me and Today I Feel Like a Man

So, I told my trainer this morning that I was going to be leaving early because I can't eat all day today. So, he's a bit of a jokester, so when I told him I'd stay until like 12:30, he said he wanted to see me pass out. Obviously I knew he was kidding around so I made an amusing remark, you'll pardon the fact that I don't remember my rejoinder. He then responded, "dude, I'm kidding." I think he thinks that I think he's serious. This is a problem for me. It is important for me to know that my superiors respect my sense of humor. I feel like the only way to get ahead in these situations is to make people laugh. I know that's not really true but I'm probably not that far off.

In other news, with the start of the year 5767, I feel like I am finally a man. Yes, my friends, the day has come. I have been awarded a brand new computer monitor. Yes, I now have 2, yes TWO, TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO monitors at my office. I can now greatly increase my productivity. I can work on one monitor and futz around on the other. No day of work is complete without the requisite volume of futzing. I'm actually watching the market on one screen, and typing this on another screen. I never realized the true value of touch-typing until this day. Allow me to marvel at my own magnificence for a few short seconds before the realities of life return, at which point I am reminded that life isn't exactly quite as awesome as I sometimes think it is, but almost.