Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Couple More and Another Bizarre Anecdote

Somehow I managed to get some feedback from my last post on my facebook wall. See, this puts me in a bit of a quandary, because I definitely want to transmit what that person said, but by doing so, I would be violating one of the primary statutes of this blog. Quite the conundrum in which you've put me, young lady I barely know. I have it! I'll just hide the wall post so no one will be able to see it. Anywho, the things she suggested I add to my ever-growing list of brand-name products are as follows: Scotch Tape and Chapstick. Now, I associate Scotch Tape only with the clear kind of adhesive, although I'm quite certain they make other forms, like masking tape, painting tape, and electrical tape. But everyone calls the clear stuff "Scotch Tape." I don't even think I need to mention that nobody in their right mind would ever ask if they could borrow some lip balm. What do you think?

Now this anecdote took place a few hours ago in the big Aitch at the Ar-Aitch-Ar's where a bunch of us were watching "Az You Think You Can Dance." At one point, our hostess asked the other girls there what size shoes they wear. As it turned out, she bought a pair of shoes that fit her well at the store, but didn't fit so well once she got home. They ended up fitting her friend perfectly, az she sold them to her. The first thing I thought was "there's no way that would ever happen with guys." I just can't imagine a scenario in which I would buy some gym shoes and then sell them to my friend. It was pure comedy. Anyway, I'm pleased that Hok and Jaime received rave reviews for their bizarrely choreographed quasi-jazz routine. Hopefully they'll be safe tomorrow night. Layla Tov.