Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More Road Rage

For the last (past?) week, we celebrated the holiday of freedom, the holiday of redemption. Now, I have trouble with this holiday; I find that it has no redeeming values. Hehe, that's my favorite Passover pun, but seriously. I understand that holidays like Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur should be tough, because we're fighting for our souls, but a happy one like Passover shouldn't be a burden. Honestly, I hate cleaning. I know you're all surprised to hear such an admission from me, but it's true. Also there is bread. I love bread in all of its forms: rye, white, bagel, whole wheat, brick oven topped with mozzarella and marinara, fermented and brewed with hops, oat, spelt, video games, you name it. Additionally, I think the Matzah might have caused irreversible jaw damage this year. I won't get into the rest of the reasons, but you get the idea.

Az there I am, on the way over to H&H Bagels West in an effort to end the Matzah madness, and I run into this moron. Going southbound on Broadway between 82nd street and 81st street, the right two lanes were closed off for construction. This didn't bother me; it was pretty late, but what did bother me was that said moron put his girlfriend/wife/concubine into a taxi, which was blocking the only open lane. Then he made her get out so he could give her another hug and kiss, and all the while I'm honking away, expressing to my friend how I couldn't believe what was happening. Then the cab and the car ahead of me finally sped away through the green light, and guess what. THAT VERY SAME MORON STUCK HIS HAND OUT AND MADE ME WAIT WHILE HE CROSSED THE STREET ON MY GREEN LIGHT! Sorry for the caps, but it had to be done. Imagine the chutzpah of this guy. I was honestly frothing at the mouth. The good news is that he went into H&H right ahead of me, az I had the perfect opportunity to tell him off. It's a crying shame that I'm the least confrontational person I know, az I didn't really tell him off. I know you're all upset with me, but I think I'd rather have y'all think I'm a wuss than have y'all think I was capable of cursing a guy out. Anyway, put "being a moron" up on the list of my pet peeves.

This morning, I asked a friend about her holiday, and she said it was pretty boring and she played a lot of Rummikub. Az I asked her how she pronounced the word "Rummikub." Is it "Rummy-kuhb" or "Rummy-kyoob?" Apparently she ascribes to the former while I ascribe to the latter. I should take a poll. If anyone has any thoughts, please don't hesitate to share.

Oh man, I never add to a post after it's been published, but someone just brought up a fascinating, and potentially important topic. Why don't frum girls have piercings in places other than their ears? Could be for the same reason that tattoos aren't allowed, but for the moment, let's assume that body piercings aren't assur. I think navel rings are super hot. If I got set up with a girl who had a navel ring I'd bring the diamond with me on the first date. Okay, now I'll go ahead and republish this bad boy.