Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Coupla Random Tidbits

Firstly, I've never gotten as many google messages from different people as I have today. Why? Because today is Pi Day. Yes, that's right, March, 14th, 3/14 is Pi Day. 'Member Pi? That thing you learned about in elementary school that's defined as the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter? Well, since the decimal expansion of Pi comes out to 3.14 accurate to two decimal places, it was determined that 3/14 would be Pi Day. Someone asked me today how many digits I know by heart, so in case anyone else is curious I know these by heart: 3.14159265358979323. Yay, me. Remember my post "Technical Names" where I discussed quarks having a quantifiable characteristic called strangeness? I mentioned that my strangeness would probably be at least e^(i*Pi)+1. That's that crazy cat Pi showing up in bizarre places again. Btw, e^(i*Pi)+1 = 0, for all you curious folks out there. Mmkay, enough nerdiness for today.

Az, the urbandictionary.com word of the day a few days ago was "pre-pull." Here's the definition: "The act of pulling the car door handle at the moment the driver unlocks the door, rendering the attempt fruitless, and resulting in minor frustration and/or embarrassment." Seriously, this happens all the freakin' time! First people just try to open the car door, and then I reach to unlock all the doors, and they're still a-pullin'! Okay, that was my rant against pre-pullers.

Az, I'm watching Lost at the Ar-Aitch-Ar's place and she pulls out this generic soda for us to have. Apparently, it came highly recommended from her friend. Now, let me tell you, nothing quenches my thirst quite like a room-temperature, store brand, diet black cherry soda. So to spice it up a little bit, she added in ice cubes. But I felt bad drinking the soda until the ice melted, because her ice-cube maker has duck shapes in it. Az, I waited until those cute little ducks no longer resembled their flying, feathered brethren. That made me feel better about myself, especially since I gorged myself on chicken earlier in the day. Moving right along...

A coupla nights ago I applied to a job online, and they asked you to take an online typing test and have the results sent to them. They wanted to be sure that their applicants could type more than 55 words per minute with at least 95% accuracy. Guess who rocked that test! Yeah, that's right, 106 words per minute, 97% accuracy. Okay, now I'll look for a real job. Anyone has any leads on any entry-level finance jobs, lemme know. Or if y'all know any high school kids who need help in math I can do that too. I charge $80 an hour. :)